Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome!

Hey Peers!

Thanks for visiting my blog site. This blog is about us; What we do, how we do, and the gifts that we carry within us.

The Inspiration for this writing endeavor has been long been percolating in me. As broadcast journalism student at Temple University I find myself writing quite a bit. I wanted to use what have learned so far and apply it to a cause I deem worthy. There is nothing more important to me then my recovery and role as a CPS.

During the day, whether it is at work or school or at some kind of recovery support function I find myself thinking about what it going around around me. The things I am experiencing in my various work-related tasks and the interactions I have with the peers I support, those I am colleagues with, and the clinical/administrative people I interact with on a daily basis.
I generally spend my time on between points of destination on one form of public transportation or another and find myself writing what is going on internally. For me going "eyes inward", as I call it, developed as way of dealing with the challenges of growing up in the situations I did. A worthy skill, as a clinician pointed out, developed out of trying times, feelings and situations. Now I have taking this skill one step further in its development and use it as inspiration for my musings.

It was only a year ago that the thought of doing something like this was still in its embryonic stages. When I applied for Temple my wish was to become a sports broadcast journalist. My dream idea of a job was to call baseball games for the NY Mets. This whole writing thing has taken on a course, and evolution of it's own. And hopefully this blog site will do the same.


Over the next several days I will add content, links, and thoughts on how this Blog will come to fruition. I ask for your input and ideas.

In Service


Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home